Boarding at Wisbech Grammar School is centered around providing a ‘Home from Home’ experience for each and every pupil. Hazel House, the first boarding facility in the Schools’ 600-year history, is ideally located on campus, two minutes walk from the Refectory (where meals are served) and close to the heart of the School and our thriving community.
The boarding provision we offer has been tailored to meet the pastoral and developmental needs of all our International pupils. We have an experienced staff team who specialise in supporting pupils from East Asia to acclimatise to studying in the UK. Allowing our boarders to reap the academic and pastoral benefits of a world renowned British boarding education.
Our fundamental aims to support our International Pupils:
• Provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing “home away from home” environment.
• Nurture academic success by providing targeted individualised support, supported study sessions and specialist teacher guidance.
• Cultivate opportunities to develop independence and intellectual curiosity beyond the curriculum.
Key aspects of our provision designed to benefit our International Pupils:
• A comprehensive pre-Michaelmas Term induction programme. Designed to minimise homesickness, culture shock and maximise language adjustment.
• A stimulating half-term provision is offered to all our boarders on a termly basis; we also have no exeat weekends. Our boarders are in their second home in their boarding house and should be allowed to remain with their boarding family all term should they wish!
• A working partnership with UK Guardianship Firm: ACCESS UK Education Ltd. Families selecting this option can rest assured that the boarding team know the guardian well who will be acting in Loco Parentis for your child. They are fluent Chinese speakers who can support you with communications relating to your child.