Join our team
Working at Wisbech Grammar School
Prospective staff joining our school are invited to embrace the opportunity to become part of the Wisbech Grammar School community. We have also recently become part of the ‘The Good Schools Guide’ and this is something we are very proud of.
If you are a member of the Teaching Staff you will be expected to:
- Teach and inspire our pupils with your subject and demonstrate passion and enthusiasm as you teach;
- Be part of the School’s co-curricular activities programme adding a broad base to pupils interest and learning;
- Be a form tutor supporting and guiding pupils;
- Join in with our Sports curriculum and share particular sporting expertise you may have.
If you are a member of the Support Staff you will be expected to;
- Support pupils’ learning to create a positive learning environment;
- Provide services to staff, pupils and parents that enable education and learning to take place;
- Work with other Teaching and Support staff colleagues across the school.
If you cannot see a vacancy that is suitable for you but would like to register your interest with us please complete an application form (choosing either Teaching or Support staff application form) and return it to our HR Team to keep on file for any future opportunities that arise.
The application process
To apply please download an application form and the full job description from our website www.wisbechgrammar.com and send this to HR@wisbechgrammar.com. Your application can be supported by a CV. Applications annotated “see attached cv” will not be considered. Postal Applications should be sent to Mrs Sue Simmons, Human Resources Manager, Wisbech Grammar School, Chapel Road, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, PE13 1RH.
If you need to ask for more information, please email our HR Team
All members of the teaching staff are expected to assume a pastoral role within the School and to contribute to the School’s wide-ranging extra-curricular and activities programme which may include assisting in Sports or Duke of Edinburgh for example.
Salary is according to Wisbech Grammar School’s own scale.
The post-holder must be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of young people.
Wisbech Grammar School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post holder will be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS