A Level Results
Pupils at Wisbech Grammar School celebrate 99% A-Level pass rate
When selecting subjects to choose for A Level, Careers and Form Tutors offer guidance to ensure that pupils choose subjects which are both consistent with their ability/aptitude and are the right subjects for possible future careers.
Statement from Chris Staley, Headmaster:
I am incredibly pleased with the A-level results this year; these are the best results we’ve achieved for a number of years, particularly the top grades 57% of which were at A*-B. 31% of which were A* and A (significantly higher than the national average 26.4%) We have also improved our A* to C percentage up by 11%, to 87%, which is fantastic. The overall pass rate remains in excess of 99%.
These results are a testament to our pupils’ hard work, and the dedication and resilience of our exceptional teaching staff plus the all essential support given by parents. Such grades will provide an excellent foundation for their university careers where more than 75% of our pupils have gained entry to their first-choice university, again another first. We are particularly proud of our medical and veterinary science candidates this year. All four medics have achieved their offers, and Tarn Chamberlain James has also been accepted to take up her Veterinary Science place at Cambridge in October. This year group, like others before, contains a whole host of great academic stories from pupils that continue to showcase the success the School is currently having and what a Wisbech Grammar School education can truly provide.
Just some of the highlights are:
· Katy Landles 2 A*s English Literature and History and a B in French and is off to Leeds to read History of Art
· Eden Cooper 2 A*s in Textiles and Biology and an A in Chemistry and is off to Birmingham to read Medicine.
· Anna Kober 2 A*s in Biology and Chemistry and an A in Maths and will take Medicine at Nottingham.
· Zara Jutsum 2 As in Fine Art and Textiles and B in Graphics to read Graphic and Media Design at UAL
· Arran Shipley 3 As Biology, Chemistry and Economics and is off to Birmingham to read Business Management.
· Ran Tai 2 As in Fine Art and Textiles to read Graphic and Media Design at UAL
· Jack Sidgwick 3 As in Biology, Chemistry and Geography and will read Earth Science at St Andrews.
· Maxwell Eales 2 As in Biology and Business studies and a B in Chemistry and is off to Plymouth to read Medicine.
Our Heads of School Tarn Chamberlain James will be taking up a place at Cambridge to read Veterinary Medicine (2 A*s in Biology and Chemistry and an A in Physics), and Oliver Mann (3 A*s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths) will read Medicine at Newcastle.