A Level Results
Pupils achieve top grades to study at first choice Universities.
I am really pleased with the A’ Level results this year. These are very good results, particularly the top grades where we achieved 36%, with more than 62% gaining A* to C grades. The overall pass rate remains in excess of 92%. With a background of more change in education, pupils have successfully made the leap from the older GCSE’s to the new, more rigorous A’ Levels, and these results are a testament to the pupils’ hard work, and the dedication and resilience of the teaching staff and parents. These results will provide and excellent springboard for their university careers, where well over 50 % of pupils gained a place at their first-choice university, with one pupil, Elvira Baranova taking up her place at the prestigious Sorbonne University in Paris to read Modern Foreign Languages. Chris Staley, Headmaster
Just some of the highlights are:
- Charlotte Brett A* in Art and Design Textiles, A in Geography, B in English Literature and C in Biology who will read Geography at Durham
- Leena Hussain 3 A’s in Business, Economics and English Literature and is going to Warwick to study International Business Management
- Imogen Leader 3 A’s in English Literature, Geography and History who is going to UEA to study English Literature
- Sam Martin A* in Mathematics, and A’s in Further Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics and is off to Bath to read Natural Sciences
- Demelza Mason A in Biology and B’s in Chemistry and English Literature, who is going to Southampton University to read Archaeology & Anthropology
- Catherine Missin A in Music, B’s in English Literature and Psychology, and is to take up a place at the prestigious Guildford School of Acting.
- Jack Trundley A’s in Economics and Geography and C in Chemistry who is reading Economics at Loughborough
“I am so pleased with my results and they are a reflection of the hard work I have put in and the incredible support of my teachers, especially Ms Taylor (Head of 6th Form) and Mrs Cooper (Head of Art/Textiles). I can’t wait to start at Durham University and find out more about how I can make a positive impact on climate change”. Charlotte Brett
Jack was over the moon with his results and can’t wait to start at Loughborough University where he will read Economics and continue to play Rugby.
Investment banking was always on the cards for Leena who will study International Business Management at Warwick. “Ever since a young age I have been interested in banking and my advice to other pupils is to never give up and take advantage of all the support from teachers at WGS”. Leena Hussain